Monday, February 14, 2011

My quilts are getting bigger!


Baby girl quilt front






Back


Yay! My first quilt for our church quilt ministry is done and ready to turn in. I spent the cold snowy days of January sipping a cup of tea and working on this snuggly quilt. This one is going to a new mother who likes orange. I made the front out of felt squares. The two smaller squares were appliquéd onto the larger square. The back is made from fleece. I also appliqued the small squares onto the orange stripe. When the quilt is washed, the squares will fray and give the quilt a shabby chic look. I enjoyed quilting on the fleece. It is so warm and soft, perfect for a baby to cuddle in. The bright colors and the soft fabric really made me warm on a cold snowy day.

1 comment:

  1. Sharia, you need to check out my blog post from Tuesday - - -

    http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2011/02/toddlerless-tuesday-21-good-things-on.html

    You got lots of compliments on this pretty quilt in the comments!!

    ReplyDelete